Upcoming Continuing Education Lectures
February 27, 2020 – Updates in Monitoring and Treatment of Canine Cushing’s
1 hour of CE credit for veterinarians
In this hour, we will provide a review of some updates in monitoring Cushing’s patients on trilostane and common questions regarding treatment plans.
- Speaker: Kristin Schafgans, DVM, DACVIM (SAIM)
- Date: Thursday, February 27th, 2020
- Time: 6:30PM Complimentary appetizers & alcohol-free beverages, 7:00PM Presentation begins
- Venue: Heathen Brewing Feral Public House, Banquet Room, 1109 Washington Street, Vancouver, WA 98660
- RSVP: By Friday, February 21st, 2020 to Lynda Nielsen at 360-694-3007 or email@example.com
Dr. Kristin Schafgans is originally from the San Francisco Bay Area. She received her undergraduate education at the University of California, San Diego. She graduated from University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine in 2008. Following veterinary school, she completed a one year rotating internship in medicine and surgery at VCA West Los Angeles Animal Hospital. She then returned to the University of Minnesota and completed a three year residency and board certification in Small Animal Internal Medicine in 2012. After residency, she worked in a private specialty practice in Spokane, WA before joining the CRVS team in 2018.
Dr. Schafgans is a Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (DACVIM) and is board certified in small animal internal medicine. While she enjoys all aspects of internal medicine, she particularly enjoys gastrointestinal disease, nutrition, endoscopy, endocrine disease and immune mediated disease.
Outside of work, Dr. Schafgans enjoys all things outdoors and being with her husband, two children and two dogs.